Featured Post

Monday, February 15, 2016

Weight Loss, Body Building & Self Love After Narcissistic Abuse - My Response

by C. Meagan Michael


This is my response to a lovely young man who is also recovering from abuse. He lost 60 pounds and goes to the gym everyday. He mentioned that it is hard and that he binged yesterday. 

I have been dealing with binge eating bouts and weight issues all of my life. It runs in my family. My toxic 1/2 brother has always been morbidly obese and that has always loomed over my head as "this could happen to you."


I used to think I could not until I binged my way to 200 lbs. ... twice. I promise to talk more about that in another blog about how I lost 70 lbs., twice. In the mean time, let me share with you my response to this wonderful YouTuber:


"They" say, anything worth having is doesn't come easy. I worked my butt off at the gym in my mid 30's. I went from a suicidal couch potato to a successful happy buff body builder in one year. 

I had personal trainers and the last one blew out my shoulder. It was frozen and in pain for several years. I thought my life would end because I could not work upper body, which was the most defined part of me and made me happy. 

My weight, moods, level of fitness have been up and down every since but I can honestly say I have never been happier in my life than I am right now. I am far from my ideal of physical "perfection" but I love myself. 

I never loved myself. I never thought I was fit enough, thin enough, educated enough, (fill in the blank) enough. I am enough. I am more than enough of everything I want and need to be and so are you.

God bless you for taking care of yourself physically and emotionally. Always take care of yourself and continue learning how and why to love yourself unconditionally. 


Stuff happens in life. Sometimes we are unable to maintain or even attain a level of fitness that we previously had. Do not worry. It is okay. When you love yourself unconditionally you will understand that it is not a certain weight, BMI, or size that makes you attractive to women. It is self love. You will exude natural confidence. 

People are attracted to that. You and I both fell for unnaturally confident narcissists. Healthy people will be attracted to us when we are attracted to us. Narcissists do not target people like that. People like the new us. 

Have a very blessed day. I hope you stop by and watch some of my videos too. I would love to continue this conversation.
It's very nice to meet you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment