Featured Post

Monday, February 1, 2016

The Great Escape - How I Went No Contact / Narcissistic Abuse Survival Strategy

by C. Meagan Michael


I moved to a new location within my country about 1.5 years ago. I left behind my toxic ex, toxic mother, toxic friends and  toxic neighbors. I barely escaped with my life. I understand the desire to flee the country but this is not necessary for you to achieve peace of mind.




I always say, "Solitude is sanctuary for the mind" I prayed for direction and guidance, to find a place where I could afford to live on my own, never to have to rely in any way on anyone ever again. I will not give up my power.

 I moved to a place I had never been, I was not even sure geographically where it was until I was nearby. I knew no one. Let me repeat this: I did not know a soul. What I did was go on Craigslist and, after much research, I found a couple of places to rent in an affordable town. I chose one and I got a ride. (Facebook friend)

When I first moved, I attracted/was attracted to more toxic people. I began to recognize them more and more quickly and eliminate them from my life immediately. 

I committed to myself that I would not date ANYONE until I understood why I was attracting these people and how it all began. Within a few months, the memories and realizations began to surface. I realized my mother was my first narcissist and my journey to happy, healthy healing truly began. 




Had I stayed where I was and not left due to fear, I would be dead.
My ex's goal was to drive me to commit suicide.  I'd already tried and failed, in fact. The chances of my being where I am today, and being as strong as I am were unfathomable. Yet, I not only survive but I thrive. 

I made it and so can you!

No comments:

Post a Comment